The other day I shared about how I meal plan/prep HERE on this post. Today I’ll share what I planned last week for my meal plan and what we actually ate. I’ll do this from time to time as I find it interesting to see what others are making for meals and figure you might like it too (and I think it will be hilarious to see if we stick to our plan – even loosely).
What I planned:
- Hambone Soup
- Pesto Salmon or Halibut w/ Pasta
- Greek Salad Bar
- Taco Night
- CORN & Eat Out 2 nights
What we ate:
- Hambone Soup (2 meals) – I made it loosely based on THIS recipe from Pinterest. I had put the hambone leftover from our Christmas meal in the freezer for the future. And this was pretty good- especially the next day. Yay! I’ll use this recipe again!
- Taco Soup (found HERE– instead of tacos)
- Pizza- ordered out
- Thai food- ordered out for Aaron and I (kids had random leftovers)
- 2 CORN nights- We had leftover Thai and random pasta/sandwiches. Also, one of these nights Paige and I went on a date out and had a very early dinner- so the boys ate leftovers.
So that’s how it all shook out. It was a good week for eating out and leftovers, but I could have been better at sticking to one more night of cooking. I had to throw out some frozen fish that I had deforested and never made- and I hate throwing out food! And if you didn’t read about my meal planning habits the other day it’s important to note that C.O.R.N. stands for Clean Out Refrigerator Night (or leftovers). It is not about the actual food “corn”…this could seem like we have a strange obsession with corn if you didn’t know and saw how often it’s on our meal plan.
So…Here’s to starting again, learning from mistakes, making plans and sticking to them this week!