My favorite holiday (and birthday) is just around the corner. I’m trying to nail down what I’m gonna do so that I have time to order/make things in time for me loved ones. Are you ready to show your favorite people a little extra love in February? Also, check out REAL SIMPLE for a very large “round-up” of ideas.
FOR MY KIDS:
- FOOD- Heart Shaped Pizza & Shirley Temple Soda drinks. Sometimes we go out to dinner for my birthday/valentines and so I get to decide what we eat. But some years Aaron and I go out and that means the kids will be with a babysitter and get heart shaped pizza and sodas.
- TREATS/GIFTS- I usually get my kids a small gift, write them a Valentine love note and a candy treat or two. I have made them sugar cookies shaped like hearts or a special breakfast. I love finding ways to celebrate them and remind them how much they are loved. For young kids it’s safe to bet they will love play dough and slime and bubbles and Lego sets and books and candy- and THIS pop-up book would be a sweet splurge (we have few of these). My teens love gift cards or something sweet little gifts like THIS scrunchy or THIS beanie or even certificates for time together doing something fun with just a parent.
- MOVIE NIGHT- Sometime in February (or a few nights if we can swing it) I love to watch sweet ROMCOMS with the kids or even a love story like Lady and the Tramp. We pop popcorn and sit close with some cozy blankets and maybe even a sweet treat. I love it!
- ACTIVIES- A game night or a scavenger hunt could be fun. HERE is a kit for 3 fun & easy scavenger hunt ideas- if you need so help making it come together. HERE are some games we love if you need ideas for that too. THIS light-up t-shirt OR THIS heart one would be fun to try. And a night of baking or cooking would work- Paige has made a lot of the recipes from THIS cookbook and THIS one for baking.
- FOOD: Try THIS treat or THIS one from my blog days past! And HERE is a Galantine’s Day brunch idea!
- TREATS/GIFTS: For more ideas try THIS list.
- JEWELRY: THIS shop is great. I love trendy AMAZON jewelry too.
- Also, HERE are some fun Galentine’s Day ideas. And HERE as well.
FOR MY HUSBAND:
- FOOD: If we were to stay in for a romantic dinner- I’d say THESE elegant food/drink ideas are a great place to start.
- TREATS/GIFTS: Gifts are personal and you have to know your spouse to know what they may want. I have a few ideas for gifts but mostly I think I will get him something small & thoughtful and maybe a coupon book for dates that I’ll offer at a future time. I personally love time spent over gifts- but everyone is different. He also loves tech stuff, gadgets, home repair/DIY stuff and music!
- And HERE are some fun ideas Valentine’s Day ideas for your sweetheart- if you are like me and want to get a jump on it.